Last updated: June 17, 2023
Information We Collect
1. Personal Information
We may collect personal identification information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our Website, register on the Website, fill out a form, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, or engage in any other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Website. The personal information we may collect includes but is not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information you provide voluntarily.
2. Non-personal Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our Website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer or device, technical information about your means of connection to our Website (such as the operating system, internet service provider utilized, and other similar information), and other similar information.
How We Use Collected Information
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Website.
- To improve our Website: We continually strive to improve our Website offerings based on the feedback we receive from you.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address provided to send you information and updates about your inquiries, requests, or questions. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices, as well as security measures, to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Website.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
You may find advertising or other content on our Website that links to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our Website, is subject to that website’s terms and policies.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
1. User-generated Comments
The Website may allow users to post comments and engage in discussions on certain sections or articles. Please be aware that any information you voluntarily disclose in the comment section becomes publicly available and can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Website. We have no control over how other users may use the information shared in the comments. Therefore, we strongly advise you to exercise caution and avoid sharing personal or sensitive information in your comments.
2. Moderation of Comments
3. Third-Party Comments
4. Protection of Personal Information in Comments
While we try to protect our users’ privacy, please be aware that any personal information you disclose in your comments can be read, collected, or used by other users. We recommend that you exercise caution and avoid sharing personally identifiable information in your comments, such as your full name, address, contact details, or sensitive information.
5. User Responsibility
You are solely responsible for the comments you post on the Website. By submitting a comment, you affirm that you have the necessary rights and permissions to post the content and that the content does not infringe upon any intellectual property rights or violate any laws or regulations.
We do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any comments posted on the Website. Any reliance you place on comments is done at your own risk. We disclaim any liability for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on comments or any content posted by users.
By participating in the comment section of the Website, you agree to abide by these guidelines and accept the inherent risks associated with public posting and discussion.
Purpose of Cookies
Cookies serve various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Enabling certain features and functionality of the Website
- Analyzing and improving the performance and usability of the Website
- Customizing your experience on the Website
- Tracking and understanding your usage of the Website
- Facilitating targeted advertising or remarketing efforts
You can modify your browser settings to accept or reject cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. However, please note that disabling cookies may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the Website.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the requested services, respond to your inquiries, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Once your personal information is no longer needed, we will securely delete or anonymize it.
Please note that even after your personal information is removed from our active databases, it may still be retained in backup or archival systems for a limited period or as required by legal obligations.
The duration for which we retain certain types of data may also be governed by specific legal requirements or industry practices. We will take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is securely stored and disposed of by applicable laws and regulations.
What Rights Do You Have Over Your Data?
1. Access and Control
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we hold about you. These rights may include:
- The right to access: You have the right to request access to the personal information we have collected about you. Upon receiving such a request, we will provide you with a copy of the information we hold, subject to any legal restrictions or requirements.
- The right to rectification: If you believe that any personal information we have collected about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request correction or updating of that information.
- The right to erasure: You may request the deletion or removal of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or when you withdraw your consent for its processing.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the restriction or limitation of the processing of your personal information in certain situations, such as when you contest the accuracy of the data or when the processing is unlawful.
- The right to object: You can object to the processing of your personal information for certain purposes, such as direct marketing or where the processing is based on legitimate interests.
2. Exercising Your Rights
Please note that we may need to verify your identity before processing certain requests to ensure the security and privacy of your personal information.
3. Data Portability
Where applicable and feasible, you may have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another data controller.
If you have concerns or complaints about the way we handle your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided. We will investigate and endeavor to resolve any complaints by applicable laws and regulations.
Where Your Data Is Sent
As a global travel website, your personal information may be transferred to and stored on servers located in various countries or regions outside of your own. This means that your data may be processed in locations with different data protection laws than those in your jurisdiction.
When we transfer your personal information to other countries, we will take appropriate measures to ensure that your information is protected by applicable data protection laws. Such measures may include implementing data transfer agreements, using standard contractual clauses, or relying on the recipient’s adherence to recognized privacy frameworks.